Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Client Reactions

I have been fortunate to work with some fascinating academics and dedicated professionals on projects as varied as published books, web sites, academic articles, doctoral dissertations and proposals, resumes, book proposals, grant proposals and professional assignments (email, memos, projects). The following represent a sample of the feedback I've received from a few of these projects:

Book: Marion Syversen, Author of Real Deal, Making Big Changes with Small Change says, "I LOVE THE CHANGES. I can’t even tell they are changes except it now reads less ‘BORED NOW!” Less blurting more flowing. ...Perfect." You are MAGNIFICENT!!!!! Your work is BRILLIANT. Honestly brilliant! I LOVE how you explained the buying of the kitchen cabinets. That was beautiful. It covered our modesty and got the point across BRILLIANTLY on the shock and awe of yard sale finds. [Other] edits warrant the same gratitude and outright joy in the way you squeezed out what I MEANT from the crazy initial way I first expressed it. All of you additions are – may I say- inspired! NOW I’m EXCITED!!!! Not feeling like I did when I first felt the problem but couldn’t find my way out of it!

Professional Project: "Thank you for all of your help. I feel better submitting projects when I know that you have reviewed them first... then I know that it will accurately reflect my thoughts, concerns, etc. From e-mail to grants to letters of recommendation, I appreciate all that you do to ensure that my writing presents a consistently professional image." Nanette Milar Madden, P.N.P, C.N.P., San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, San Francisco.

Dissertation: Dr. Nadine Agosta, University of San Francisco, 2009.
"Thank you for all your sacrifices to turn my research into a "Mona Lisa." Without your help and support, I would never have gotten to this point. I wish I could express the extent of my gratitude. You are a wonderful person. Thank you."

Dissertation: Dr. Patricia Perez, University of San Francisco, 2009.
"Thank you very much for your excellent work! You are awesome, and I hope to continue to work with you. ... I can never thank you enough for all of your help with my dissertation!"

Dissertation: Doctoral Candidate, 2010.
"I can't tell you how much your have helped me during the process of writing this dissertation. I've learned so much about writing and - at least for now - I am free again to put words to paper because I have a direction of what is missing and what needs to be "tweaked." Now when I write it is more productive and the results aren't so disappointing!"

Dissertation: Beryl Banks: Doctoral Candidate, 2010.
"In this season of being thankful, I wanted you to know I'm grateful for you. I look forward to my next round of editing, but mostly your wisdom and patience."

Dissertation Proposal: Chai W. Xiong: "Thank you for your assistance! It has been a great pleasure working with you. I appreciate your input as well as your insightful thought. I look forward to working with you again. I am very honored to have known you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment